Ladies are you making any New Year resolutions this year? A New Year’s resolution is a tradition in which someone sets out to accomplish a personal goal…. Ladies, let yours be ‘To get swimming, get fit and have fun!’
- Swimming provides an all over body workout as nearly all muscles are used and it’s great for your general wellbeing.
- Burns those calories! A gentle swim can burn over 200 calories in just half an hour.
- Swimming 30 minutes a week can help to guard against heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
- Swimming de-stresses and relaxes. Whether it’s work stressing you out, the kids or grandkids being a nightmare, or just life in general……make swimming your therapy.
- Water supports up to 90 per cent of the body’s weight so if you have a long term injury or illness, swimming is a brilliant way to stay active – but check with the doc first!
- Swimming is a low impact exercise that strengthens muscles and increases flexibility